| Even when she's laying down on the job she's working harder than all of us |
| Don't hog the fuzzy G-Pops |
| Buffaloes ready to go |
Day 2: Atlantic to Carrol. I made a good decision to not ride. I hope I was helpful to the support team and I don't think my body would have been able to handle the heat and hills. When the riders got in they were very fatigued and overheated. I think it may have hit 200 that day. We got to stay indoors that night which helped us to recuperate from the heat.
| The best kind of Ragbrai Shower |
Day 3: Carrol to Boone. In Boone we stayed at the Dahle's which is always a good time. I rode the whole day with Pops. In the morning we were zooming along. We were more than halfway done with the ride when we stopped for lunch at Mr. Porkchop. This is when the clouds parted and let the sun hover 20 ft from the Earth's surface. We thought we would get in by 1:30 at the pace we were going in the morning. In the afternoon we were going significantly slower due to the heat. We finally got in at 3:30. The last part of the ride included a very long steep hill named "Twister Hill". It is called that because part of the movie Twister was filmed there. At the top I was congratulated on being the biggest rider to make it to the top without walking. At that point of exhaustion I didn't know how to take that as a compliment. That night Sydney got to meet the Dahle clan, including the Hills and Manglers. Also that night Kasha and Dave arrived with Julien. As you can see in the pictures Dave has decided not to give Julien clothing. He said something about there being no free rides and having to earn your conveniences.
![]() |
| Sleepy time |
![]() |
| Dave's interesting choice of biking footwear |
| No you can't have a shirt! |
| He knows where the Daddy Juice is kept |



No comments:
Post a Comment