Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sydney Marie and the Terrific, Wonderful, Action-Packed, Very Good Day

Today is full of adventure and awesome sauce.  To start out the day we went in for Sydney's 4 month checkup.  Sydney did very well, as did Cherilyn.  I had some trouble with the shots but the nurse gave me a lolly and a sticker and I feel better now.  Sydney is 17lbs 5 oz and 26 inches long.  That is 95th percentile in both categories.  Her head size is right at 50%.  Sorry Callie, not everyone can imitate a bowling ball quite like you can. Now that we're home we are jammimg out to the new Foo Fighters album, which is quite spectacular.  Then we'll be going out for another walk when Sydney wakes up from her nap.  Here are a few pics from our walk yesterday. 




Tonight Cherilyn and I will be going to Target Field for the first time to see the Twins/Royals game.  I have been a Royals fan since birth.  I can still remember going to Royals (now Kauffman) Stadium and having pops point at one of the black silhouettes that I could see on the field saying "Look it's George Brett".  I'm hoping we can go to a game later in the summer and bring Sydney with us but as of right now it's too cold at the night games for her.  So she'll be experiencing her first babysitting session.  Shelley a nurse that works with Cherilyn that lives in Woodbury is going to be babysitting her while we are at the game.  I have been looking forward to this for awhile.  Not only going to the game, but seeing the Royals play a team that is lower than they are in the standings.  It's amazing.  So here is Sydney in her new baseball gear.  Don't be alarmed, her Royals stuff is in the mail.

Wait a minute

This isn't the right team

Perfect fit

No! Don't take it away

Awwww

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to get an outfit like what Daddy wore when he stayed with Nana in 1982. George, Willie, and Frank were amazing in those days. Uncle Bill never told us who his favorite player was; he just said, "Not bad, not bad".
    Get out, girl - enjoy the streets of Bailey's Arbor - Nana will be there in 2 weeks to stroll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing makes someone cuter than being able to rock a bowling ball-sized head.

    ReplyDelete