Monday, February 7, 2011

Back to the old stomping grounds

Howdy all, This weekend we went back to Iowa City to visit Jim, Beth, Olivia, Hannah, Jake, Ayaka, and new baby Leon.  We stayed with the Stecher's and we fell right back into our old habits.  We ate Old Chicago and Cherilyn and Jim discussed technical doctor type things while Beth and I broke down the pros and cons of the Harry Potter movies.  Unfortunately Beth and Olivia were feeling ill so they had to cancel Hannah's birthday party.  It was still a lot of fun seeing Sydney with Olivia and Hannah.  Hannah was pretty cute at dinner.  She was stealing Beth's napkins and handing them to me.  Pretty soon I had a whole stack next to my plate.  And Olivia was still flashing the Hook 'Em horns.  Somehow I didn't take many pictures, but I Beth did so I stole some from her.  Thanks Beth!  I should have taken a picture of Jim on Superbowl Sunday all dressed to the nines in Bears gear.  It was pretty awesome.  Here are a few pictures from their house.



Showing off her shoes



Where's Sydney's belly?



We went to the Herrings on Saturday and got to meet baby Leon.  He is quite adorable as all Herrings are.  We brought over the best lunch Iowa City can offer.  Quinton's of course.  I think I would drive the 5 hours just for their potato bacon soup.  It is spectacular mmmmm.......but anyway back to Leon.  It's amazing how much Sydney has grown seeing her next to Leon.  But I promise I won't start saying they grow up so fast even if they do.   We had a great time hanging out with the Herrings.  Hopefully we'll see them and the Stechers again soon.  Plus Jake needs a rematch since I whooped him on the Nurburgring in Gran Turismo. BOOM!










No comments:

Post a Comment