Friday, June 17, 2011
Sydney's Banana Bread Recipe
Today I was making Banana Bread and Sydney was playing on the blanket with her toys. She started to get upset when I was halfway through adding the ingredients to the mixer. I figured I could hold on to her well enough as I finished up. I scooped her up and we went to work. I needed to add milk, flour, eggs, and baking soda. The milk flowed smoothly. The flour plopped easily into the mixer's bowl. The baking soda was in before I even realized it. Now I just needed to add eggs. I've cracked eggs one handed before. So I figured I wouldn't have any trouble again as I held Sydney in my left arm. She was enjoying the view of the mixer going round and round. I got the first egg cracked and split. It wasn't necessarily smooth, but as you all know I'm always graceful. The second egg went just as gracefully, but not nearly as smoothly. I dropped half the egg's shell into the mixer. Not a big deal though. The mixer was moving slowly so I went to turn it off before the shell rotated around to the.....what are those things....I want to say blades but they aren't sharp.....apparati perhaps? Anyway I turned the wheel, but rather than stop, everything sped up. I turned it the wrong way so rather than stop, it went up to the aerating/whipping setting. The shells were thouroughly whipped. I got out a few of the larger pieces and hoped for the best. It turned out to be ok. It had all the natrual crunch you expect from banana bread. So if you are ever thinking to yourself. "I really want some banana bread, but it's so squishing, smooth, and bread-like." Just add half an egg shell and you're in business.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
just add slivered walnuts
ReplyDeleteNot enough calcium in walnuts
ReplyDelete