Last night was Cherilyn's clinic's resident graduation. It was at a swanky country club so we dressed Sydney up and went out for some fun. Usually the graduation is on Wednesdays but this year it was Thursday, so it didn't conflict with softball. I was looking forward to seeing a lot of the residents. Unfortunately, when we got there Cherilyn was immediately called to a delivery. So Sydney and I sat and she ate all the berries the state of Minnesota had produced in the last season. Without Cherilyn there to tag team I wasn't really able to socialize, but we were still looking forward to the presentations after dinner. As they started to the program Sydney was getting cranky, so I pulled her up on my lap so that I could distract her as we clapped for everyone. As we were clapping I suddenly noticed a sticky substance on my hands. Looking down I discovered that this substance had a disgustingly sweet poop aroma to it. And it was not only on my hands but also on my pants, tie, shirt and sleeve. Lovely. So I set Sydney down to pick up the diaper bag which was in a slight state of disarray. She realized my moment of distraction and weakness and sprinted through all the tables to the back of the room. So I collected my poo covered self and chased her down, hoping that the dim lights and dinner smells would hide the fact that I was covered in feces. I got her out of the banquet hall, and went to the bathroom. Of course the bathroom which was pristine, had extra thick paper towels, and a coat room before entering had no changing table. Delightful. Well done country club. I guess for only $40,000 a year for membership, you can't afford a changing table. So we headed outside to the van. Luckily enough they were doing construction on the parking lot so we had to navigate our way through the construction workers and attempt to not fall into and holes in the sidewalk. So we have finally arrived at mordor with the one ring....ahem dirty diaper. I finally got her changed in the van. Sydney was remarkably unpoop covered. Just a small smattering on her dress that wiped off simply. I looked even worse in the sunlight, but Cherilyn assured me that you couldn't notice anything in the dim light once we were back inside. Somehow she had returned from the hospital and gotten inside without us seeing her during our long Odyssey. Those pregnant ladies can be so stealthy. We headed home shortly after that since it was well past bedtime. What an adventure. This weekend we are going to go visit GG, so we will be having fun in the South Dakota sun. As an epilogue to the story, this morning we were taking Odin to the vet. So I got Sydney up and went to change her diaper right away. No surprises here. Just a normal diaper change. Until I attempted to put on her shorts. At this point all the fiber from the 7 metric tons of fruit that she ate last night decided to inform me that it was time for a forceful bowel movement. So forceful that it directed itself directly onto my hands and wrists. Yet again Sydney's clothes were amazingly unscathed. At this point I've washed my hands so much that my nose has trouble delineated between the smell of soap and poo. Which as I'm sure anyone could imagine gets in the way of any kind of appetite. Just as long as this is all taken care of before our 6 hour car ride.
Sounds like it's time for a "poop" label. I too remember not being able to *not* smell poop after diaper changes like that.
ReplyDelete7?
ReplyDeleteGG loved having you. I loved getting a poop-free grandaughter in SD. Did you have a delicious dinner?