Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Sydney's Morning Thoughts

This is the highlight of my conversation with Sydney this morning on the way to school

Sydney: Daddy, we always wear our seatbelts in the car.
Me: That's right Sydney, so we can be safe.
Sydney: Do you know what we do if there's a fire?
Me: What do we do?
Sydney:(Pause)  Cause you're so smart.
Me: What?
Sydney: Look at the sunrise Daddy!  The sun is going up in the sky.
Me: Oh Cool, isn't it pretty?
Sydney: The sun goes up in the sky and it makes my monkey bar bigger
Me: The sun makes your monkey bar get bigger?  How does it do that?
Sydney:  The sun makes it go way up high. (pause) Daddy I know a magic trick!
Me: What do you do in the magic trick?
Sydney: I make my monkey bar go from big to small!
Me: Wow, how do you do that?
Sydney: I eat it of course

Now we are pulling into school

Sydney: Daddy where are you going to park?  Make sure it's a big spot!
Me: Ok, is this spot good?
Sydney: Yes, this is a big spot.  That little spot doesn't work, it's only for mice.

1 comment:

  1. I believe all smart people know that its fire prevention month and what to do in case of a fire.

    On a related topic, the dawning light glows and makes everything magical AND Gamma has little parking places for the mice in the basement at the parsonage; they're called mousetraps.

    ReplyDelete