We are in Kansas City this weekend for my Nana's funeral. It has been nice to see all the places we used to go when we visited. Plus we get to see Uncle Dan and Joannie. We hadn't seen them for awhile because of various schedule conflicts. We were all set to go see the Royals play the Twins on Friday night. However the remnants of Hurricane Issac were hovering over the stadium. We went to the game and were walking around the Royals Hall of Fame when they postponed the game until the next day. So we didn't get to see the game that day, but I did snap a picture of the Championship trophy from 1985 as we left.
Last night we were able to make it back to the game. The weather had cleared out and it was a beautiful night for a baseball game. Cherilyn couldn't be convinced to wear appropriate clothing, but Kylie was wearing a nice new Royals outfit. The game started out extremely poorly with the Royals giving up a 3 run home run and a grandslam. Cherilyn was setting a bad example for Kylie by cheering and pointing to her Mauer jersey during his homerun trot. Luckily the Royals are the superior batting team and made a game out of it the rest of the time. So I don't think Kylie was influenced to be a Twins fan. I almost caught a foul ball too. The row we were in was empty so when a ball was hit our way I was up immediately. I started tracking the ball and moving in the direction of where the ball would land. This is about the time when I started hearing someone shout "newborn, newborn, NEWBORN!!!!" from behind me. Cherilyn was subtly reminding me that I was holding Kylie and I was not allowed to go after the foul ball. Instead I watched as it landed 15ft to my right and bounced off the cement to some undeserving other person. Next time I'll get it. We had a great time at the game. Kylie will definitely be a Royals fan.









Kylie seems to be working hard to stay asleep
ReplyDelete